What is a cookie
Today, cookies are used by almost all websites and are in many cases necessary to provide a specific service on the website.
A cookie is a small text file which is stored on the user’s IT equipment (such as a PC, tablet, smartphone, etc.) allowing the website to recognize the equipment.
Cookies may for instance be used for the purpose of preparing statistics of the users’ website use and for optimization of website contents. A cookie is a passive file and cannot collect information from the user’s computer or spread computer virus or other harmful programs. Some cookies are placed by websites (third parties) other than the one stated in browser’s address line (the URL). The contents of such cookies may be of a general nature, but they may also be, for example, analytical tools or embedded comment fields. This means that cookies are stored from parties other than the one owning the website.
Types of cookies
A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs. By lifespan, a cookie is either a:
- Session cookie which is erased when the user closes the browser or
- Persistent cookie which remains on the user’s computer/device for a pre-defined period of time.
Personal information submitted to us via this website will be used to:
- Administer the website.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website.
- Enable your use of the services available on the website.
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
- Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.